The regular way of winning at the casino was not good enough, so this man tried something different as he wanted a sure thing and was quite successful for a while. His name is Louis B. Colavecchio, also known as "The Coin", 64 year old Colavecchio is a well known organized crime associate. He researched means and ways of producing similar counterfeits of various slot machine coins in various casinos. The tokens he and his gang created ranged from $5 all the way up to $100.
Some of the casinos he victimized were Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, both these casinos are located in the heart of Connecticut. However he also forged coins at places such as the world famous Trump Marina Casino, Atlantic City Hilton, the Trump Plaza Casino, Sands Casino, Taj Mahal Resort and Caesar's Palace Casino.
To forge the coins, Colavecchio took the coins from the aforementioned casinos and would then make accurate rubber molds where the coins would be duplicated after specific chemical procedures took place. To complete the involved task he utilized the services of expert chemists. The chemists had the complicated task in determining what the original coins were made of which had a major impact in the correct operation of the fake coins. Colavecchio distribute the counterfeit tokens to other well known associates who would in turn also use these coins in the casinos.
Its not only the players that get a casino bonus, in this case the casino received a bonus of coins, this surplus of coins from their
led to suspicion that something fishy was going on. The cases were reported to the FBI and the agency initiates an operation to trap Colavecchio and his gang. The operation ended in a success which led to the capture and arrest of "The Coin" Colavecchio.
The 64 year old suspect faces various charges which include ten counts of forgery, counterfeiting and of course, alteration of the casinos trademark. Colavecchio was released after paying $25, 000 worth of surety bond. A Providence district court granted him temporary freedom after he appeared in court.
This could not happen at a online casino, so forgers would have to stick to the land based casinos however watch out for the security camera's and the FBI, they will eventually catch you.
In the world of online gaming, advancements in technology are creating a completely new gaming experience for those who wish to engage in the challenge and fun of classic casino-style gaming in the privacy of their own homes.
One such addition to online gaming is something known as the no deposit casino. The no deposit casino is exactly what it sounds like. It is a place where you can go to play popular casino games on the house’s money through use of bonus codes that give you a certain amount of money to play with before ever having to ante up your own.
Another new development in online gaming is the live dealer casino. Live dealer casinos add to the fun by offering five distinct advantages that make it perhaps the most revolutionary of all online gaming opportunities.
1. Socializing: You wouldn’t think that socializing is such a big deal, but when it comes to a safe, happy, and fun, online gaming experience, this is perhaps the most important of all advantages that live dealer casinos offer those who partake of their services. Online gaming can be a crazy world filled with pitfalls and those looking to take advantage of players. By socializing with people who share similar interests (and situations), you can learn from one another as to what works, what doesn’t, who to trust, and who to not. Plus, you will make new friends, and that is always fun!
2. Calculating probability: By getting to see how the dealer works at blackjack or baccarat, it is possible for you to calculate probability based on the cards dealt you and others at the table. This requires a great deal of skill and isn’t an exact science, as many dealers use more than one deck of cards for a game, but it is still a possibility.
3. Improving your game: The more you play, especially in the real world simulation of live dealer casinos, the more natural the games will feel for you, and the greater probability you will have at excelling at them.
4. Convenience: Convenience plays a huge part in the world of gaming through live dealer casinos. Compare it to a traditional brick-and-mortar casino. You have to deal with very little of the traffic problems that exist at tables. You may have to occasionally wait, but this is often alleviated by simply inhabiting more than one casino at a time. Plus, you don’t have to deal with the non-manageable factors that can often plague traditional casinos, such as crime, thick fogs of cigarette smoke, and assorted miscellaneous debaucheries. You get to pick your environment, and you get to stay in it for as long as you like.
5. Privacy: When you play live dealer casinos, you get all the perks of brick-and-mortar casinos without the invasion of privacy that comes with being seen by others in public who might not approve of your gaming decisions. This is a big deal when you consider that every family has someone strictly opposed to gaming.
No deposit casinos are a great way to get started, but live dealer casinos offer that extra edge that can get you winning big, in both your online and live communities. Take advantage!